Welcome to Wazo Release Note Documentation!
While using Songbird web, you will always be up to date. Just keep in mind you need to refresh your browser to make sure your application is up to date.
Auto-update on Songbird desktop
Songbird desktop is now able to be updated semi-automatically without having to re-install the application.
When the desktop application version used by a user is not the earliest one, an orange banner is displayed at the top of the application to invite the user to update the application.
The application checks that a newer version exists when:
- Starting the application
- Logging into the application
- Token is refreshed (every twelve hours)
The user is invited to click on the "Download" button.
After having clicked on the "Download" button, the application will automatically download the latest version.
The percentage of the downloading phase is displayed continuously.
After the download is complete, the application will ask the user to install it and then reboot the application.
It is important not to click on this button while in a conversation. It will hangup any active call when rebooting the application to complete the update.
The update is now complete and the user is on the latest version.
Loading time performances increased
Time to load the application has strongly been improved.
The loading phase is 4 times quicker than the previous version.
This red banner already exists and informs the user that there is a connection problem.
It was previously possible to see more than one red banner at a time.
- The application will now display only one red banner maximum at a time with the specific cause of the problem displayed in it.
- It will now be possible to refresh the status of the application directly from the red banner by clicking on "Refresh"
The Pop-Up is always displayed by default in the center of the computer main screen.
It is now possible to move the Pop-Up position to a different place after it has showed up.
It is not possible anymore to resize the Pop-Up window.
- Solve different use cases when Pop-Up doesn’t display (several screens, application reduced)
- Improve robustness when application has been disconnected from internet and get back connected:
- Webrtc connection
- Websocket connection
- Presential is updated and accurate
- Call status are updated and accurate
- Do not reset fields while recording a new contact
- On logout, delete refresh token
- Red chip doesn’t disappear when clicking on the contact
- Internal phonebook presential is not accurate
We have developped the automatic desktop application update functionnality to help our partners to have an homogeneous application park and reduce maintenance costs.
Being in the latest desktop application version prevents the risk of bugs occurrences.
It is therefore important to install this last version for all end users as soon as possible.